JAM TV Australia began in 2010 and has grown to be one of the largest television and screen producers in Australia. Every year, over 1,000 hours of content is produced for major television networks, streaming platforms, sporting organisations and corporate clients.
Production includes live sports coverage, documentary series, panel show formats, game shows, reality series, radio and podcasting, advertisements and corporate videos. JAM TV is a major production partner for the Nine Network with programs including The Sunday Footy Show, Footy Classified and Millionaire Hot Seat, and also a prolific producer of live football including the VFL, SANFL, WAFL and AFLW.
Major streaming projects have included the successful AFL documentary series Making Their Mark for Amazon Prime and Show Me the Money for Stan.
JAM TV is a vibrant, dynamic and innovative content creator and producer, highlighted by last month’s production of the Shane Warne Memorial to an international audience.
JAM TV is seeking a strong Executive Leader who has relevant experience in the media, sports and entertainment sector, or other relevant experience. The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and will be a central part of the Executive Leadership Team that is responsible for the strategic growth of the business. In particular, the role will work closely with the CFO, Head of Content and Head of Production, and is specifically responsible for the following areas:
- production contract drafting and negotiation
- talent agreements
- likeness/IP/location waivers and clearances
- potential copyright or defamation issues
- branding and sponsorship contracts
- contractor service agreements
- financing agreements and documentation
- management of external legal advisors
- Business Affairs
- identification (along with other ELT members) of strategic opportunities to acquire, create and develop new media businesses and events that fit with the growth profile of the company
- strategic commercial oversight of production operations and rights acquisitions
- prepare necessary papers for the board and major shareholders for endorsement and approval
- prepare commercial and financial deal structure and modelling for current and future projects
- negotiate and finalise final terms on production agreements
- People & Culture (P&C)
- creation, oversight and management of P&C policies and procedures
- reviewing and drafting personnel contract templates
- oversight on the recruitment strategies and processes including signing off on new hires
- development and implementation of employee retention programs
- ensure appropriate benchmarking of compensation across all employees
- management of any workplace disputes and management issues
- implementation of growth and development strategies for all employees
- General Commercial
- lead corporate strategy development and planning process
- co-ordinate and lead response to Government and Private Sector proposals and tenders
- ensure appropriate insurance policies are in place
The offices of JAM TV provide for a dynamic, creative and ever-changing atmosphere full of people who genuinely love to create great media together. The role will be based in our Toorak, Melbourne office, with flexibility to work from home as agreed.
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com