Are you a Digital Marketer on the hunt for your next challenge? This could be the next step in your career path. Leading Tech business, carsales, is looking for a gun marketer who has worked across end-to-end digital campaigns, native advertising, social and essentially all things digital to create media products that enable brands to connect with an active and in-market audience.
Got drive? You’ll fit right in
carsales are an ASX top 100 with world class technology and advertising solutions. As the largest online automotive, motorcycle and marine classifieds business in Australia, they are now growing across Latin America and Asia.
carsales built its name in Australia and today our know-how and industry leading platforms extend across the globe. We continue to broaden the reach of our operations with interests in leading classified marketplaces in high growth, developing markets in Brazil, South Korea, Chile, Mexico and Argentina. We leverage our world-class technology and IP to accelerate the growth of our eco-systems in each market to deliver world-class customer-centric solutions which help all customers buy, sell and own with confidence.
The dynamic media team at carsales enables brands to understand, engage and influence relevant, active and in-market consumers across Australia’s #1 automotive website, carsales. carsales is the clear auto market leader, with the largest audience of in-market car buyers and the largest auto marketplace in Australia.
The core purpose of this role is to enable carsales to be the global benchmark for auto marketing products. This role is a blend of ad tech, business, data and GTM (go-to-market). In this role you be ensuring carsales continues be the clear market leader for automotive audience solutions.
Carsales are seeking an innovative, digital savvy marketer to bring their advertising products roadmap to life. This is an opportunity to utilise your digital marketing experience in the planning, building, iterating, maintaining, scaling and creating a variety of media products. This a collaborative role, where you get to be part of an innovative, high performing, fast paced team.
3 reasons why this is a killer role
- Work with best in class data-driven display, video and native products
- Drive growth in a lucrative ad market, and get exposure to all facets of media advertising business
- Be at the forefront of everything that is happening in ad tech and data driven marketing
Reports to Senior Product Manager – Media
First 6 months: Drive media product revenue growth through GTM excellence working closely with our dealer and non-auto direct sales teams, deliver new products and improve existing products for auto and non-auto, deliver new rich media formats, support programmatic roadmap and drive new audience targeting approaches. Support the carsales ad tech evolution.
Key stakeholders: Internal: ad operations, data team, sales and marketing teams. External: Dealers, Non-Auto Clients, Suppliers
You will ideally have Publisher side experience and must have experience in digital advertising products; specifically, audiences, rich media, display (all mandatory). Programmatic and video is also highly desirable. Hands on experience with ad servers and DMPs valuable. Must have strong understanding of the digital ad market, ad formats and ad tech.
You will have the ability to think and act at two speeds – this means managing the short-term pressures required to hit monthly/quarterly revenue targets, whilst keeping your eye firmly on the broader vision and ensuring what we build is scalable and profitable over the long term.
- Grow advertising driven revenue especially across dealer and non-auto verticals through across audience/native/video products, improve yield and sell through
- Ensure product viewability of 70%+; manage existing products; develop/ monetise new products
- Lead product manager and main point of contact on media products for Dealer (Auto) customers and Direct Non-Auto customers (i.e. Bikes, Boats, Caravans, Trucks, etc.)
- Product management for audience, display, rich media (direct and programmatic) across the carsales network:
- Product research, ideation, planning and validation
- Market analysis, risk analysis, supplier assessment, customer research and prioritisation
- Product design, development, testing, release
- Internal and external GTM, product packaging, yield optimisation, roll out, adoption
- Lifecycle management including maintenance, iteration, scalability, sunset
What you’ll do
- Live and breathe digital media and marketing. You’ll be delivering solutions that innovate the way brands connect with audiences.
- Work with incredible advertising, design and technology experts to drive customer value and growth.
- Manage and deliver the roadmap of digital advertising products for Australia’s top automotive brands to ensure we deliver the right media solutions to meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- Deliver incredible results and drive sustainable uplift in revenue through solutions that create business value, customer value and scalable tech.
- Understand carsales strategic and competitive position in the online advertising and media landscape, so you can deliver products that demonstrate why we are the best in our industry.
What we’re looking for
- Digital natives and lovers of marketing with qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Business or something similar.
- Solid experience and a robust understanding of media, online advertising or end-to-end digital marketing. You might currently be agency side or client side – involved in planning marketing campaigns, buying media, etc.
- A can-do, proactive work ethic and a results-driven mindset – you’re happy to get involved with any task required to get the job done and you thrive on metrics
- A track record of delivering digital projects and marketing campaigns. Anything involving audience targeting and ad tech would be ideal!
- The willingness and commitment to grow – professionally and personally.
- A lover of all things tech – you may not be a total ‘tech-spert’ but you’re comfortable using technology and online systems.
Why I love working here
“I love being a part of a high performing team that has impact and drives change within the business”
Jan Jordaan, Product Manager, Media
“I get to work on class leading ad products that excite and deliver value to our customers, while collaborating with our awesome product, design & tech teams”
Christine Wong, Product Manager, Media
carsales offers extensive opportunities to learn and evolve in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are committed to our people through many ongoing initiatives associated with culture and benefits, career development, health and well-being, community, work-life balance, reward and recognition. We continually strive to attract and retain the most talented people through a number of programs designed to support learning and development. When you work at carsales you don’t just have a job, but you have a rewarding career.
carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on providing a diverse workplace that brings out the best in its people. We encourage everyone of all ages and background to apply.
Expressions of interest, which may include a cover letter and CV, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
And just a quick one…
Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.