Widely regarded as a destination Club across Australian sport, The South Sydney Rabbitohs were founded over 110 years ago and currently hold a record high 21 National Rugby League (NRL) premierships. The Club is supported by one of the largest Membership bases in the NRL and collaborate with leading global & national brands as Commercial Partners. Construction on a new home, the world-class Community & High-Performance Centre at Heffron Park, Maroubra, is underway and will ensure sustained success both on & off the field.
Objectives of the Role
The wellbeing of contracted players is a key focus of the South Sydney Rabbitohs. The Wellbeing Manager is employed to deliver focused Wellbeing and Education initiatives to members of the NRL Playing Squad and Black Rabbits Development Squad. The Club Wellbeing Program focuses on Engagement, Mental Health, Families, Career & Education, Personal Development and Integrity. The Club has partnered with leading workplace wellbeing agency Sonder in the support of our players and staff.
The Wellbeing Manager will ensure the Club is compliant with, and players have access to, all elements of the NRL/RLPA Wellbeing Program.
- Manage NRL Wellbeing Programs (NRLWELFED Committee Requirements).
- Organise and administer Club Wellbeing & Education Committee.
- Manage group of NRL and Black Rabbitoh players for all Wellbeing requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with NRL and NSWRL and be the key first contact as it relates to player wellbeing administration.
- Develop, track (VIA Database) and monitor player engagement in educational and vocational activities and provide reports to the NRL as required.
- Develop, track (VIA Database) and monitor player wellbeing plans and provide reports to the NRL as required.
- Actively assist players to pursue their educational or vocational goals, including resume development, interview preparation, and development of industry contacts, development of networks amongst club members and sponsors and development of relationships with educational institutions.
- Support players to access all NRL and Club Education Grants.
- Any other tasks as required by the role.
- Comply with all NRL and South Sydney Rabbitohs rules and Code of Conduct.
Skills & Qualifications
- Passionate about helping others achieve their personal best
- Strong time-management and people skills, flexibility, and multitasking ability
- Competent computer skills and experience with online platforms
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software and systems
- Strong attention to detail and thorough documentation necessary
- Ability to communicate and present effectively at all levels
- Successful completion of NRL-RLPA Education and Welfare minimum qualification
- An understanding of the complex issues facing professional athletes in particular relating to career and personal development
- Willingness to maintain current knowledge of labour market trends, opportunities and expectations
- Sound knowledge of NRL, RLPA and ARL related issues, developments and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience working with young people, preferably in the sporting arena
- Engaging personality and optimistic outlook
- Ability to handle confidential information
Please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com