Are you a Digital Marketer on the hunt for your next challenge? This could be the next step in your career path. We’re looking for a gun marketer who has worked across end-to-end digital campaigns, native advertising, social and essentially all things digital to create media products that enable brands to connect with an active and in-market audience.
Got drive? You’ll fit right in
carsales are an ASX top 100 with world class technology and advertising solutions. As the largest online automotive, motorcycle and marine classifieds business in Australia, they are now growing across Latin America and Asia.
carsales built its name in Australia and today our know-how and industry leading platforms extend across the globe. We continue to broaden the reach of our operations with interests in leading classified marketplaces in high growth, developing markets in Brazil, South Korea, Chile, Mexico and Argentina. We leverage our world-class technology and IP to accelerate the growth of our eco-systems in each market to deliver world-class customer-centric solutions which help all customers buy, sell and own with confidence.
The product and media team at carsales enable brands to understand, engage and influence relevant, active and in-market consumers across Australia’s #1 automotive website. carsales is the clear auto market leader, with the largest audience of in-market car buyers and the largest auto marketplace in Australia.
carsales is on the hunt for an innovative, digital savvy product marketer to help us bring their new cars product roadmap to life. This is an opportunity to utilise your digital marketing experience in the planning, building, iterating, maintaining, scaling and creating innovative media products. This a collaborative role, where you get to be part of an innovative, high performing, fast paced team.
3 reasons why this is a killer role:
- You will help transform carsales offering for Australian consumers as well as the world’s biggest Automotive brands and their dealers
- Be at the cutting edge of innovation in the automotive space and shape the future direction of the industry
- Flex your digital marketing muscles whilst gaining exposure to all aspects of the carsales consumer and commercial business
Reports to Senior Product Manager – New Cars
- First 6months: own the new car showroom roadmap for carsales, roll out new consumer experience, grow revenue (from showroom related advertising), own OEM engagement and content enrichment.
- Key stakeholders: Internal: design, tech, insights, marketing, sales teams. External: OEMs, Dealers
The ideal candidate will be a product-centric Digital marketer, ideally from client side, with experience managing paid / owned digital (i.e. digital campaigns, website, content). You will need to be passionate about auto or have auto experience.
This role is a blend of tech, business, data and customer experience. In this role you will be helping carsales to transform the new car experience we provide for buyers and sellers. Hands on experience with google analytics and other user insights tools highly valuable.
You will have the ability to think and act at two speeds – this means managing the short-term pressures required to hit monthly/quarterly revenue targets, whilst keeping your eye firmly on the broader vision and ensuring what we build is scalable and profitable over the long term.
- Grow advertising revenue as a result of consumers enquiring on new cars, grow new car customer NPS, OEM sentiment/engagement, grow new car audience volume/engagement/conversion
- Lead product manager and main point of contact for new Car Showroom and related OEM products
- Product management for model showcase, clearance centres, new car showroom content, including:
- Product research, ideation, planning and validation
- Market analysis, risk analysis, supplier assessment, customer research and prioritisation
- Product design, development, testing, release
- Internal and external GTM, product packaging, roll out, adoption
- Lifecycle management including maintenance, iteration, scalability, sunset
What you’ll do
- Live and breathe digital media and marketing. You’ll be delivering solutions that innovate the way brands connect with audiences.
- Work with incredible advertising, design and technology experts to drive customer value and growth.
- Manage and deliver the roadmap for digital advertising products for Australia’s top automotive brands to ensure we deliver the right media solutions to meet their needs and exceed their expectations
- Deliver incredible results and drive sustainable uplift in revenue through solutions that create business value, customer value and scalable tech.
- Use insights to understand the carsales strategic and competitive position in the online advertising and media landscape, so you can deliver media products that are industry leading.
What we’re looking for
- Digital natives and lovers of marketing with qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Business or something similar.
- Solid experience and a robust understanding of media, online advertising or end-to-end digital marketing. You might currently be agency side or client side – involved in planning marketing campaigns, buying media, etc.
- A can-do, proactive work ethic and a results driven mindset – you’re happy to get involved with any task required to get the job done and you thrive on metrics
- A track record of delivering digital projects and marketing campaigns. Anything involving audience targeting and ad tech would be ideal!
- The willingness and commitment to grow – professionally and personally.
- A lover of all things tech – you may not be a total ‘tech-spert’ but you’re comfortable using technology and online systems.
Why people love working here
“We’re lucky enough to work with so many different passionate people and teams, from the initial stages of solving a problem to launching a product and everything in between”
Nikki Pecora, Commercial Graduate, New Cars
“We build the future for new car sales by defining and executing our product roadmap to develop products that our customers love”
Saransh Sharma, Product Manager, New Cars
carsales offers extensive opportunities to learn and evolve in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment. We are committed to our people through many ongoing initiatives associated with culture and benefits, career development, health and well-being, community, work-life balance, reward and recognition. We continually strive to attract and retain the most talented people through a number of programs designed to support learning and development. When you work at carsales you don’t just have a job, but you have a rewarding career.
carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on providing a diverse workplace that brings out the best in its people. We encourage everyone of all ages and background to apply.
Expressions of interest, which may include a cover letter and CV, can be emailed to email@example.com
And just a quick one…
Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.