BKD are pleased to announce that we have been exclusively engaged by the AFL to recruit for the role of Sales Manager, New Business (NSW). Kylie Rogers, General Manager Commercial at the Australian Football League (AFL) said. “For the first time in its history, the AFL are launching a Sydney-based Sales Manager role to unlock the potential of Australia’s largest sports market. This is a rare opportunity to cultivate and drive new business in the Sydney market. The AFL, as an organisation, is in exceptional shape and we look forward to bringing the right person in to unlock our potential for some of Australia’s leading national brands.”
The AFL is Australia’s premier sporting organisation supporting a constantly evolving national competition which has experienced rapid growth over the past 10 years. The AFL currently has 650 permanent employees across the four state bodies, AFL Vic, NSW/ACT, QLD, NT and at AFL House. The AFL organisation is responsible for growing and developing Australian Football across Australia. The opportunity for Sydney-based brands to connect with the growing AFL fan base has resulted in the need for a Sales Manager to cultivate and manage new business in this market.
This is an exceptional opportunity to become an advocate of the AFL for high profile, Sydney-based, national brands – and be the custodian of these brands back into the AFL.. The primary focus of this role is to generate new clients to the AFL. The successful candidate must develop and lead focused sales strategies and sales solutions for delivery of budget requirements across all AFL advertising channels (sponsorship, stadium, digital etc) both to the media advertising and direct market.
This role requires someone who is highly professional, takes immense pride in delivering first class solutions, and who is also prepared to work hard in a fast paced media and technology business.
The role of Sales Manager- New Business demands a high standard of sales & client management and requires someone with an ability to deliver creative and inspired solutions.
This role also requires the ability to work autonomously in Sydney, albeit work with a sales and partnership team based in Melbourne.
Major functions and responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Effectively delivering on financial targets, but also independently drivng larger strategic growth opportunities.
- Identifying new business opportunities across a range of markets and industries.
- Planning and executing strategic business plans (including initiatives to protect, defend, grow and attain new clients to meet our financial targets).
- Planning and developing strategic, senior relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leading and developing strategic and creative integrated solutions for AFL Media clients.
- Providing thought leadership in the advertising market with our external and internal stakeholders.
- Delivering accurate and timely sales reporting, pipeline and revenue forecasting.
- Contributing to the wider commercial team strategic business priorities.
Mandatory experience for those applying;
- A minimum 3 years experience in a senior sales role within the advertising & media industry.
- Strong understanding of digital, print, social and broadcast media.
- Experience in business development initiatives and activities.
- Established and relevant market and client relationships.
- High level of negotiation skills and experience in executing, delivering and managing contracts.
- Strong experience in managing budgets and delivering accurate and timely pipeline and sales forecasting reports.
- Strong experience in developing and executing sales business and / or account plans.
- Proven ability to think strategically in the development of integrated client solutions.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Liaising with client services, editorial, production and design to provide creative new advertising solutions for clients.
The AFL Values which the candidate should consider their personal alignment to are;
At the AFL we Play to Win. We rise to every challenge and do what we say we will do – we own the outcome. We thrive on pushing the boundaries beyond what we have done before to achieve the extraordinary for our people, fans, partners and the community.
We Play Fair. Respect, integrity, honesty, empathy and a great work ethic earns us the right to play.
We Play with Passion. We love what we do. Passion, energy, fun and perseverance is at the heart of our sport and is what drives how we work.
We Play as one team. We work as one team because together we achieve better outcomes. We bring out the best in each other by embracing our diverse range of ideas, skills and backgrounds to achieve individual and shared success. We celebrate our wins and always have each other’s back.
Applications Close Monday the 7th of January 2019