BKD Sports Leaders are currently searching for a Chief Operating Officer on behalf of Racing.com.
Racing.com is a 24-hour racing service, where fans can watch live racing for all race meets in Victoria, South Australia and Hong Kong, as well as regular racing programs. This is an exciting opportunity to take a leadership position within this innovative Sports Media organisation.
- Lead the Commercial Division which includes making advertising sales, managing contracts with wagering partners and building the B2B media brand of Racing.com.
- Work across the broadcast, editorial and digital teams to further develop the cross-platform product offering whilst ensuring operational effectiveness and efficiency within the current operations.
- Develop strategic partnerships and manage new business units and joint ventures.
- Support the CEO in developing the business strategy and driving the operations. Plan for enhancing business capability that is aligned to growth.
- Support the CEO and Legal Counsel in business and rights acquisitions.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the Sports and Entertainment/Wagering media landscape. Ideally they should have around 10 years’ experience in managing commercial sales and fulfilment. S/he will have worked in one of, or a combination of; Media Agencies, Sports Federations, Wagering Businesses, Media Networks or Brands with direct exposure and involvement in sports.
Further, they will be able to demonstrate a strong history of successfully managing and improving business operations, building and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholder groups, displaying commercial acumen, effective negotiations, and a track record of achieving stretch targets. If you would like the full job description for this role, please email Ben Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications have now closed for this role.