Racing.com is Australia’s premier thoroughbred racing media organisation, offering content across broadcast, digital and social media platforms. A joint venture between Racing Victoria and Seven West Media, Racing.com is the media rights holder for Victorian and South Australian thoroughbred racing, as well as broadcasting Hong Kong and other selected international feature race meetings. Through Free-To-Air channels 78 (metropolitan) and 68 (digital), and Foxtel 529, Racing.com reaches 95% of the available Australian television viewing audience.
Racing.com is also a rapidly growing digital media destination for thoroughbred racing news, content, vision, fan engagement, marketing and the promotion of events, complimented by a suite of world class consumer focused digital products across Web, Mobile and Apps (iOS, Android).
This is a new role that has been created in Melbourne to maximise a key commercial asset within Racing.com’s digital team. The primary focus of this role is to increase direct engagement with Racing.com’s existing 300,000+ customer database (primarily via eDM communications), but this will involve more than email campaign management. The successful candidate will increase engagement with this direct audience by increasing open rates, click through rates, growing the volume of commercially partnered content, and focus on retention and acquisition strategies as part of the overall content/marketing mix. The candidate will be able to ideate content, identify branded content opportunities, work with design teams for UX, engage the content team for assets and copy and funnel the activity through to despatch of eDM communications. The suitable candidate will show, from their proven history, that they can bring their own unique flavour, ideas and approach to the task.
The role of Digital Marketing Specialist (CRM Focus) demands an ability to take many different projects and tasks on at any given time and drive them through successfully. This role will report into the Digital & Brand team
Major functions and responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Creating and executing a strategy to driving increased engagement with existing database
- Creating a seamless end-to-end process for commercial partners to leverage the database and eDM platform
- Being responsible for campaigns and project management from inception to execution (despatch)
- Adopting a ‘push’ approach to increase engagement, profiling and overall database acquisition
- Leading and developing strategic and creative integrated solutions for Racing.com commercial clients
- Delivering accurate and timely reporting
- Contributing to the wider digital team business priorities.
Mandatory experience for those applying;
- A minimum 2-3 years experience in digital within the advertising & media industry.
- Strong understanding of digital and social media.
- Strong experience in developing and executing content ideas through eDMs / CRM processes
- Proven ability to think strategically in the development of integrated client solutions.
- creating and distributing eDMs (beyond email management)
- ideating and executing commercially driven content
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish multiple goals within a specified deadline
- Eagerness to pick up an opportunity and proactively make an impact
Applications Close Friday 1st March 2019
Expressions of interest, which may include a covering letter and CV, should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org